I post as much as I possibly can. With the exception of one, I haven't begun seeking out author interviews/guest posts. It's on my agenda though, so for the time being, please excuse the 1-2 days of non-posting a week.
If the fan art isn't loading for you, I hate to tell you this, but it's most likely your computer or internet connection. There's nothing I can do about that.
I try to be as enthusiastic and passionate about books as much as I can. I don't know how else to express my love/interest for the young adult book world aside from managing a blog dedicated to it. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know, because I'm honestly baffled at how I'm not passionate enough.
A lot of you have suggested an About Me page. I would've done this sooner, but I was under the impression that something like that would be a no-no on book blogs. However, if so many people are interested in me (though I have no clue why) I figured why not? I don't expect much comments/response, but without further ado, me!:
- My name is Katie. Not Katherine, or Kaitlyn. It's just Katie. Hence the blog title 'Sophistikatied', if there are those who think I pulled the blog name out of my butt.
- I just turned twenty years old in January. I'm not exactly ecstatic to be this old. I think of myself as an overly large child. My immaturity isn't acceptable at this age anymore. *pouts*
- I have a twin brother named Matt. He's sixteen minutes older and he's probably the biggest butthead you'll ever meet.
- I live in Michigan. Blah, blah. Nothing interesting ever happens here.
- I'm an aspiring author, but you all already know that. I'm currently two chapters away from finishing my WIP, after which I'll agent query for. Aside from that, I'm also an aspiring book cover designer.
- My imagination does not have limitations. A zombie apocalypse? I believe it. Gigantic robotic alien machines invading earth? I believe it. The word impossible does not exist in my head.
- I was diagnosed with trichotillomania at the age of eight. It's not something I happily announce, but it's not something I'm ashamed of. Recently, it's just been in the eyelashes. Look at the picture above for proof.
- My all-time favorite band is McFly. They're HUGE in the UK, but only known in America for their small role in the movie 'Just My Luck.' Yes, they are a real band, people. Yes, they're incredible. And yes, I'm going to marry the lead singer and have his babies.
- I'm ridiculously attatched to my books. I don't let people borrow them for fear of rippings pages or water damage or something. It's actually really unhealthy.
- I'm a huge Twilight fan. I'm not ashamed of it. It's a really great book if you don't analyze every little thing.
- My all-time favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm a huge Tim Burton addict and I'm a fan of almost everything he's ever done.
- I love polar bears. I collect them, I spend a lot of time on the internet reading about them and when I start making money, I'm going to donate to the WWF.
- I love all music. Except for rap. And anything with auto-tune. Gag.
- I'm single. Woot! After my last almost-relationship, I stopped getting so wrapped up with guys. And it's been a glorious thing.