Sophistikatied Reviews was born in the summer of 2009 after I read the book Generation Dead by Daniel Waters and visited the author's website to learn more about the characters. On his blog, I saw links and comments leading to book reviews and author interviews with these "book bloggers" and immediately fell in love with the entire blogosphere. Sophistikatied focuses mainly on young adult titles and their authors and specializes in fan art created weekly for Fan Art Friday.
I'm Katie! (As in Sophistikatied, for those of you who think my blog name is just something wonky I pulled out of thin air) I'm twenty-four years old, living in the Mitten (aka Michigan) with my fluffy Australian cattle dog and cuddle buddy, Teddy.
I'm a proud bookseller and aspiring author, currently working on getting published. I'm an avid reader, cartoon enthusiast and Marvel fan girl.
- I'm deathly afraid of spiders and zombies.
- I've got a twin brother, Matt, who is sixteen minutes older than me.
- My favorite food is movie theater popcorn - no matter how fattening and unhealthy it is - and chili.
- Some of my favorite music groups/artists include McFly, The Fratellis, The 1975, Eliza Doolittle and The Neighbourhood.
- I'm head over heels in love with Evan Peters. Infatuated. Obsessed. There's not even a word to describe how much I love him. *dreamy sigh* *dreamy collapse*
- Favorite movies include The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Kings of Summer, any and every Studio Ghibli (especially Howl's Moving Castle and The Cat Returns!) and Marvel movie. And many, many more.
- Favorite books include Brightly Woven, The Darkest Minds, Throne of Glass, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Graceling/Fire, Nevermore, anything from Sarah Beth Durst and waaaay too many more.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about the blog or me (though I'm not going to tell you my social security or bank account number or anything like that) you can comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!