Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is books that should be in your beach bag - those light, fluffy and feel good stories that you can just picture yourself reading while spread out under the sun.
1. Girl At Sea by Maureen Johnson - Despite the fact that this book basically takes place on the sea, it's a perfect summer read for me. Not too intense, very quirky and has just the right amount of romance. Love it!
2. Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando - This one isn't necessarily light and fluffy, but with it's carnival feel and beach settings, this novel instantly came to mind while making this list!
3. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby - The descriptions of the beach that the main character lives on are simply GORGEOUS. I'm not a huge "beach" person but this book had me wishing it was warm enough to go.
4. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Light, fluffy, feel-good and AMAZING. Enough said.
5. Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Do I even need to say anything? Really.
6. Blood & Flowers by Penny Blublaugh - I think that most people get misconstrued with this cover, thinking it's dark and intense. It's really not. This book is actually the exact opposite. It's cute and funny and very entertaining. While it has it's dark moments, I think it's perfect for a day at the beach.
7. My Fair Godmother/My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison - No beaches or summery descriptions will be found, but they're absolutely hilarious and adorable and they will keep you grinning and entertained the whole time.
Not a full ten again this week. I'm still out of town, so I'm just thinking of these off the top of my head. If I can conjure up more, they'll be added!