Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is minor characters - the ones that even with small roles, still manage to make us fall in love with them.
1. Emmett Cullen (Twilight) - Even if you hardcore hate this series, you can't deny that Emmett's boisterous and humorous personality didn't make you smile at least once. I'm a big fan of the series, but I wished he would've had a bigger role. (Hey Meyer, how about you stop writing about non-important characters like Bree Tanner and give Emmett his own book?)
2. Devon (Raised By Wolves) - Devon is sort of like Emmett in a way. He's more joking than he is serious, but he's fiercely protective of the story's resident human, Bryn, when he needs to be. I absolutely loved this character and was so happy when I picked up the sequel (Trial By Fire) last night and he was the opening line.
3. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) - If I went to Hogwarts, Luna would be my BFF. She might be weird, but she's proud of who she is and she doesn't let anybody bring her down for it. I think she might actually be my second favorite HP character in general, behind Ron.
4. Grimalkin (The Iron Fey series) - Even the minor characters in these books are still pretty big, but I have to include the sarcastic talking cat that helps Meghan navigate around the NeverNever.
5. Rhode (Infinite Days) - Justin who? Rhode was only in the book for a short time, but in that short time I completely fell head over heels for him that I was so upset with where the book went without him. I'm crossing my fingers that Rebecca Maizel has him in book two because he's been my favorite character the second I started reading it.
6. Babette (Dreamland Social Club) - There are actually a lot of loveable minor characters in this novel, but Babette stuck out. She was the first to really befriend and give Jane a chance, despite the less-than-welcoming reception the student body had because of who her grandfather was. She's snarky and tells it like it is and even though she's a bit different from everyone else, she, like Luna, doesn't let it bother her.
7. Bonegrinder (Rampant/Ascendant) - Despite his name, this pet zhi unicorn is a loveable pet to the hunters. Unless you're not a hunter, of course, and then he'll try to live up to his name. He doesn't speak, but he adds a certain charm to the books.
Only seven this week, but if I think of more, I'll definitely be adding them! Next week I'll be posting about ten books that I've lied about! (Reading them, not reading them, liking or not liking them)