Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is a freebie, so I chose to do a list on my all-time favorite books. I gush about books I love. A lot. But it takes a lot for a book to make it to my all-time favorite shelf. These are some of the honored few!
In no particular order:
1. Holes by Louis Sachar - This was one of the first full-length books I read as a kid. I was always an avid reader, but this book and its story and twists and turns had me at the library almost every other day.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - OMG THIS BOOK. I've never been so excited about a book before. It released last year, but I know I'll be just as excited about it ten years from now as I am right now.
3. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Favorite contemporary ever. EVER. If you haven't read this one, I'm demanding you go to your library or bookstore or Amazon and get yourself a copy immediately.
4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Nobody will ever write anything as incredible as J.K. did with this series and these characters.
5. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken - This gorgeous book pretty much kickstarted my love for all things fantasy.
6. Ice by Sarah Beth Durst - Another one that added to my love for YA fantasy. I love everything about this book, from the talking polar bear to the romance to that amazingly beautiful cover.
Only six this week, but those are pretty much the main favorites of mine. What are some of your all-time favorite reads? Let me know!