Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is authors I want more books from - the ones that I wish would just pop out book after book after book because they're all so bloody fantastic! I think this topic is meant for authors who only release books every once in awhile, but since all I read is modern YA, it's just going to be authors who I want to write a million and one books for my reading pleasure.
In no particular order:
1. J.K. Rowling - I want another series. Maybe not Harry Potter related, but if she created that kind of brillance once, I fully believe she can do it again with a new world and new characters.
2. Alexandra Bracken - She absolutely hooked me with Brightly Woven. I will forever be a devoted fangirl who will pick up any and everything that she puts out. (and p.s. - THE DARKEST MINDS COMES OUT THIS YEAR. *victorious fist in the air*)
3. Sarah Beth Durst - She has pretty much been releasing a book every year, which is amazing, so I hope this continues. I'm one of her BIGGEST fans. Ice, Enchanted Ivy and Drink, Slay, Love are some of my all-time favorites!
4. Jenny Han - I need more contemporary goodness. I would prefer a Conrad/Belly continuation series, but that's just wishful thinking. *sigh* Seriously though, I'm salivating over here for another amazing novel. What up, Jenny?!
5. Carrie Ryan - Her books are part of the pile that inspired me to start blogging because I loved them so much and had so much to say about them. I haven't heard any news for more books in The Forests of Hands and Teeth series, but I'll read just about anything she puts out!
6. Stephenie Meyer - I'm a huge Twilight fangirl. No shame here. I know she's got The Host out already and the rest in the series will most likely be released soon, but she can pop out as many books as she'd like and I'll be first in line at the bookstore to buy them all.
7. Tara Altebrando - I fell in love with Dreamland Social Club last year and put Tara on my author radar. I didn't think she had another book releasing soon, but I just did research and she's got contemporary coming out! She remains on this list though because if her future books are anywhere near as good as Dreamland was, I will get my hands on them!
8. Leah Cypess - I recently read and loved Mistwood. Haven't gotten a copy of Nightspell yet, but I hear it's even more amazing than the first. Leah writes fantasy so enchantingly - I want more!
9. Kristin Cashore - Yes, Bitterblue is releasing soon, but I already know I'll love it. She just needs to keep writing. I need more fantasy, more epic heroins, more kickass action! MOOOORE. Ya hear that, Cashore?
That's all I have! I think I've displayed my craziness enough for one day. Are any of these authors on your list? If not, comment and let me know some authors you're looking forward to more books from!