Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is books I'd recommend to people who don't like to read. These are novels that have previously had to be pried from my fingers they were that good, ones that I think would awaken the reader in anybody.
In no particular order:
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This book has something for every kind of reader: action, an amazing plot, great characters, romance and even some scary scenes at times!
2. Across The Universe by Beth Revis - Because who doesn't like sci-fi?
3. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab - This book is so gorgeous that you could give it to a gigantic, scruffy biker in a gang to read and he'd be a greasy puddle of goo by the time he's finished.
4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Duh.
5. Graceling/Fire by Kristin Cashore - I think these books would be great to create a new reader and a new fantasy junkie.
6. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - This book played out like a movie in my head. Zombies! Action! Gore! This series would be great for a non-reader who likes something a bit scary.
7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- I'm pretty much going to push this book whenever I can. I haven't come across anybody who has hated this book yet. (Including my non-reader best friend who LOVED it!)
8. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Very creepy, very enthralling and very entertaining. (And it's rumored that Tim Burton is looking at directing the movie adaptation. That has nothing to do with this TTT but I had to mention it. SQUEE)
9. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - Just finished this the other day and I think it's PERFECT for this list. Funny, action-packed and magical! I think teenagers and adults alike would love this book.
Would you recommend any of these to non-readers you know? If not, let me know what books you'd pick!