Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is books that broke my heart - the ones that had me sobbing and sniffling in my bed at 4 A.M. I don't really recommend crying on Valentines Day, but because all of these books are good reads, they're going on the list!
In no particular order:
1. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg - This one doesn't come out until next week but talk about a sobfest. I was in tears after the first two chapters and stayed like that throughout the entire thing. It was such a great book though. Despite being incredibly sad, it's also really uplifting and romantic!
2. The Clearing by Heather Davis - This one broke my heart so hard that every time I think about it, I get a little bit choked up. This is really the ultimate impossible love story and Heather Davis doesn't sugarcoat anything. So, so heartwrenching.
3. Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel - RHODE. If you've read this book, that is all I have to say.
4. The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2) by Bree Despain - This is one of my all-time favorite series but the ending of this book had me a mushy puddle of Katie on my bedroom floor. It definitely broke my heart and I've been waiting for over a year now to find out what happens. (Next month! NEXT MONTH!)
5. Hold Still by Nina LaCour - This book is so beautiful but so sad, as a book about a best friend's suicide should be. But this novel has gorgeous writing and sketches to add to its emotion and I pretty much had to hold the book away from my face so I wouldn't ruin it with my incessant sobs.
6. The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle - A novel about a girl losing her entire family in a horrible car accident? Yeah. You'll need a few boxes of tissues for this one.
7. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce - This book is so kickass awesome, but there's one scene in particular toward the end that completely shattered my heart when I read it. It's the most emotional scene in the entire novel and it so well done. It deserves to be on this list for making me blubber and sob after I had spent the whole rest of the novel hooting and hollering like a neanderthal.
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling - No explanation needed.
9. New Moon (Twilight #2) by Stephenie Meyer - I think you all know the scene I'm talking about. It was so unexpected and I was so in love with Edward and Bella that it was kind of like the end of the world to me at the time. I sobbed and kicked and screamed for a good ten minutes before I was able to pick the book back up again.
It takes a lot of emotion from a book to actually spur tears from me, but these are the ones that managed to do it. Are any of these books on your list? If not, what are some of your heartbreaking book picks?