Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is books that deceived me - the ones that were nothing like I expected. Good or bad.
In no particular order:
1. Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris - The cover is sort of dark and serious but what lies inside of the cover is the total opposite. It's pretty light and funny! No complaints here though - I absolutely loved this book!
2. Steel by Carrie Vaughn - I was all excited and hyped for an epic pirate adventure and for the most part it was. But it was so stiff and anticlimactic that I was sort of bummed when I finished reading.
3. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - Here I thought it'd be a simple love story between a popular girl and a goth boy. Um, no. Not even close. I feel like this book reached up and suckerpunched me in the brain. Definitely didn't expect how good it was.
4. Elixir by Hilary Duff - The premise and synopsis sounded so good but this book was a horrible train wreck for me. Good thing it has such a gorgeous cover.
5. Blood & Flowers by Penny Blubaugh - Once again, went into this expecting a darkness to it and was completely shocked when the book ended up being extremely fun and light-hearted.
6. Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly - Angels were kind of played out and boring when I picked this one up but HOLY MEATBALLS I FELL SO IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. Definitely not your average angel book, especially considering the angels are all evil.
7. Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith - This one seemed like it was going to be this amazing love story but it just fell completely flat for me. :(
8. The Sapphire Flute by Karen E. Hoover - I'm not a fan of this book's cover. At all. I think animated covers give off a certain childrens vibe. But after reading it, I was pleasantly surprised!
Did any of these books deceive you? If not, which books are on your list?