Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is favorite characters. I have SO MANY so narrowing them down is going to be pretty hard but I think I've singled out the top ten. Also, I'm in the middle of fifty different work things right now so the novel-length commentary I do will have to be cut short but if you've read these books, you'll know why they're so amazing and why they're my favorite characters!
In no particular order:
1. Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor) - Blue hair. Kick-ass. Snarky. Collects teeth. DUH.
2. Anna (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) - I dare anyone who read this book to tell me they didn't fall in love with Anna. I want her to be real so she can be my best friend.
3. Sydelle & North (Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken) - I'm putting these two together because they're just not the same on their own. Their relationship and witty banter is HILARIOUS and so charming.
4. Silas (Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce) - Probably my favorite male character ever. I wanted him to be real. So badly. That Rosie is a lucky, lucky fictional character.
5. Emmett (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer) - Stephenie Meyer, why are you wasting your time writing about insignificant characters like Bree Tanner? Give Emmett and his adorable immatureness his own book. Please.
6. Po (Graceling by Kristin Cashore) *dreamy sigh* That is all.
7. Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth) *more dreamy sighs* But I also love that his character has depth. He isn't a one-dimensional pretty boy, which is AWESOME for such an action-based novel.
8. Ana (Incarnate by Jodi Meadows) - Another kick-ass female character. 2012 has given us TONS of them!
9. Emma (Of Poseidon by Anna Banks) - This one isn't out yet but I can't wait for you guys to meet Emma. She is sarcastic and amusing and she doesn't take demands or instructions from anyone. Loved her so much!
10. Kate/Jonah (Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris) - Putting these this brother and sister duo together as well because their fighting scenes in BTIB were ridiculously funny. Kate had a syringe and Jonah had a plastic sword and the two of them together had me literally laughing out loud.
Are any of these characters your favorite? If not - list some of your own!