The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is is a freebie so I chose a past topic that I wasn't able to do before - bookish people I'd love to meet! I've been lucky that I've met a lot of amazing authors (Alexandra Bracken, Veronica Roth, Bree Despain, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl ... the list goes) but there are quite a few that I'd sell my soul to meet. (Not really. But almost!)
1. Laini Taylor - If you don't know who Laini is, SHAME ON YOU. She only wrote one of my favorite novels of all time. (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) I'd be like a teenybopper in front of Bieber if I ever had the honor of meeting her.
2. J.K. Rowling - Duh.
3. Stephenie Meyer - Also duh. Love, love, love Twilight and The Host. I've always been an avid reader but I never really dipped into the YA genre until I picked up Twilight when it first came out.
4. Julie Kagawa - I did meet Julie at BEA 2011 but it was only for a nanosecond before I had to move down the line. She DID tell me she knew who I was and what my blog was and that was so exciting but I'd love a few minutes to really talk to her. She hasn't written a book yet that I haven't loved to pieces!
5. Maggie Stiefvater - I also met Maggie at the Scholastic blogger party during BEA 2011 but it was only a quick greeting before she had to leave for a signing and I didn't have anything for her to sign. I'm a giant Wolves of Mercy Falls fangirl, though, so a few minutes for her to sign my books in the future would be awesome.
6. Stan Lee - He's comic bookish but I'm still putting him on this list because I am one of the biggest Marvel fans ever. This man created SPIDER-MAN, you guys. And IRON MAN. And THOR. And I better stop now before I start an excited rant.
7. Jenny Han - The Summer series ... holy meatballs. Those books gave me the BIGGEST FEELS EVER. When I won the books they were already signed but I'd let that woman autograph my forehead if it meant I could meet her.
8. Kristin Cashore - This is the lady that created Po. That should be reason enough.
9. Sarah Beth Durst - She's one of my favorite authors ever. I keep hoping to see her on a tour or at some convention but it hasn't happened yet. Crossing my fingers to meet her in the future!
Are any of these authors on your list? If not, who are you dying to meet? And if you HAVE met and chatted to any of the people I've listed - DO TELL!!