This awesome survey was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner!
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?: It's a toss between The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and How To Lead a Life of Crime by Kristen Miller. Both were absolutely amazing.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?: Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker. I really did enjoy it but it wasn't the emotionally powerful contemporary that I had thought it'd be.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?: Mothership by Isla Neal & Martin Leicht! I'm not usually a fan of humorous literature but this had me in stitches and it was SO GOOD.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?: Even though it's a 2011 release, I can't even count the times that I recommended Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor to people. My friends must be sick of me by now.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?: I actually don't think I discovered a new series in 2012? I'm drawing a blank. I know I read a lot of books in a series and first books in a series but I haven't really "discovered" any this year.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012? Sarah J. Maas. Throne of Glass is BRILLIANT and I can't wait to read more from her! Also, Carrie Harris. Her books are just as hilarious and entertaining as she is!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?: Again - Mothership by Isla Neal & Martin Leicht. Totally not a fan of comedy but this one got me. Also, Easy by Tammara Webber. I'm a bit wary of self-published novels but this one was absolutely incredible.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012? The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Thrills, I tell you. THRILLS.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year: How To Lead a Life of Crime by Kristen Miller. My e-arc expired so I plan to read that baby again and again when I get a finished copy!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012? Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst. Her covers are always so gorgeous.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?: Link from Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl! The book was released last year but I actually just finished Beautiful Chaos last night and I am still reeling from my love for him.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?: Again, Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst. Not quite sure how she does it but she's got some talent and a half.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?: Skinny by Donna Cooner. The main character, Ever, has a lot of the same feelings that I had in high school. It impacted me to connect with a character that much.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?: The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I bought it the first day it was released in 2008 and finally read it in April. Oh my god, if I could only kick my own ass.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? If I answered this question, Blogger wouldn't let me post it because there's just too many. Pass!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?: Well, this is just a guess since I don't know the exact page numbers of every book I read but shortest I'd say would be Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris (short but so awesome) and longest would be Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly. (636 pages of angel ass-kicking goodness)
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?: The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. THAT ENDING OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. I needed to find someone else who had read it and just have a sobfest with them.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012: Even though it wasn't my favorite book in the Iron Fey world, I really loved Ethan and Keiran's sort of friendship in The Iron Prince by Julie Kagawa. They're no Ash and Puck but they had their moments!
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously: Yes, yes, The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken AGAIN because I was such a huge fan of her first novel, Brightly Woven. But I will also add that I read Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins this year and LOVEDLOVEDLOVED it.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else: Easy by Tammara Webber. I don't know if I would have read it if not for the glowing recommendations from pretty much every single one of my blogger friends!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013? The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan. I didn't get to it in 2011 earlier but I've heard some things about it and I'm terrified to read it in fear for what she'll do to my favorite characters. Gonna suck it up and read it as soon as I can though. *deep breaths*
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?: The sequel to The Darkest Minds. Also, the third book in the Divergent series.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?: I say this every year but I want more author interaction. I've been very lucky because I've been getting emails for blog tours and such so hopefully 2013 will be full of them! Also, this isn't reading/blogging related but I'm crossing my fingers that I sell my manuscript and that it becomes a real book. Want it more than anything.
Thanks for the awesome survey, Jamie! If you want to fill out your own survey (she's giving away a book if you do it and link it by January 10th!) click here to see the original post with ALL the questions!