While I was on my little hiatus, I tried to think of some fun things to do on days that I normally don't post (like Saturdays) and came across the Friday Favorites at Dog-Eared & Bookmarked. It's a twist on the Friday Five (if anyone know who to credit for this - please let me know!) where Cyndi posts a lists of favorites that week in two categories - books and miscellaneous. Since I often post fan art on Fridays, I decided to switch it up and create the Saturday Six where I'll be posting my six favorite things of the week in four different categories - books, television, movies and random!
6. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. I didn't expect to like it so I skipped on buying the sequel, Demonglass, as well but I'm kicking myself in the ass for that now. Absolutely loved it.
5. The synopsis for A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Retellings are my favorite and this one combines THREE of them - Beauty & The Beast, Tam-Lin and East of the Sun, West of the Moon. It won't be out until Winter 2015 (wahhh, why so long?!) but I'm crossing my fingers that the date gets bumped.
4. Mango the service bulldog in Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes. I'm reading this book right now and it's only making my desire to get a bulldog that much bigger.
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I've had it forever but always refrained from reading it because I tend to avoid books that I know are going to be depressing. Despite it TOTALLY being depressing, I actually really enjoyed it. Now if I could only force myself to read Before I Fall ...
2. This conversation between Veronica Roth and Leigh Bardugo on their books and characters. Mal and Four ... *dreamy sigh*
1. Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit got me an arc of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas at BEA and is sending it to me. So. Excited. Chaol, here I come!
6. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I was quite entertained by the reaction of last week's episode on my Twitter and Facebook feeds. *giggle*
5. The season premiere of True Blood is next weekend. Favorite.
4. The pilot of The Fosters, which premiered on Monday on ABC Family, was absolutely amazing. I can see it going places and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. Also, Brandon is adorable.
3. Luke Mitchell, who played Will in my favorite mermaid show ever - H2O - is starring in a new CW show this fall called The Tomorrow People. And it looks amaaaaaaaazing.
2. Falling Skies. Just watched most of the first and second seasons this week. Holy meatballs. This show is severely underrated. It's like The Walking Dead but with aliens instead of zombies.
1. This rough sneak peek of Legend of Korra season two. I can haz Mako now?
6. Monte Carlo. Rented it this week and despite the incredible amounts of cheese, it was actually really cute. The eye candy certainly helped as well.
5. Chloe Moretz getting cast as Mia in the If I Stay movie. She's an incredible actress so I absolutely approve.
4. The redband trailer for We're The Millers. The end of the trailer ... I can't even ... oh my god.
3. Mulan. I've seen bits and pieces over the years but believe it or not, I only just saw the entire movie for the first time on Tuesday. And it was so good. Mulan is so kick-ass. (And not the annoying asshat as she is portrayed in Once Upon A Time)
2. The new stills from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Finding Luke to be a lot more sexier than Jace, even with those fangs and claws. Yow!
1. This still of Theo James as Four in the Divergent movie. PERFECTION.
6. Little Mix - my favorite music group - had their album debut at #4 on our American charts this week. That's huge and something that not even the Spice Girls could do. So happy for them!
5. This prank that my local radio station pulled off. I was cracking up the entire time. I understand the men falling for it because they don't know any better but LADIES? Come on now.
4. They're adding Diagon Alley onto the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. How did I just NOW find this out? I must go!
3. I'm getting an Emagine Theater in my city. Popcorn and movies and alcohol all together? I'm never going to want to leave.
2. Saw a glimpse of Saoirse Ronan in Novi when I passing through on Wednesday. Not sure what she was doing there (she's in Detroit filming a movie that Ryan Gosling is directing) but it was exciting. This is a girl who had her tongue down Max Irons AND Jake Abel's throats. ;)
1. And my most favorite thing that has happened this week - not just this week but this YEAR - is that I met Little Mix. Best day ever.
As you can see, it was a bit of a slow week. Hopefully the next one I do is full of exciting things!