I'm a little late to this shindig but I saw this on Good Books & Good Wine's blog last night and thought it was the COOLEST idea for a challenge. I'm going to play a quick game of catch-up and hopefully get to posting the prompt on the normal days like everyone else!
Day 1: Make 15 Book Related Confessions
1. Sometimes, when I'm all alone, I read the dialogue out loud dramatically as if I'm acting out the lines. (Somebody PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one that does this)
2. I hate lending books out to non-bloggers/blogosophere people. I only want people on my level to be handling my babies.
3. I have a horrible habit of forgetting my NetGalley titles and letting them expire.
4. Even though I don't think all books NEED a romance, I pretty much always want one.
5. I hated Blood & Chocolate by Annette Curtis-Klause with a fiery passion but absolutely LOVED the movie. This seems to be a rare opinion.
6. I have a hard time getting rid of any book, even if I know there's not a chance that I'll ever pick it up again.
7. Historical YA still frightens me.
8. I want dragons to be the next big "thing" in YA. Authors, can you make this happen?
9. I have books on my shelf that I've yet to read because I've heard they have sad endings. I don't like sad endings, no matter how realistic they are, so I try to avoid them.
10. Nothing makes me rage more than when a series changes cover in the middle of books. For example - the fairytale retellings by Jackson Pearce. WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING, LITTLE BROWN? Those artwork covers were stunning.
11. Speaking of artwork covers, I prefer those to model covers.
12. Self-published books make me nervous. I hate that I feel that way, but I've been burned by so many of them in the past.
13. If I have nothing to contribute to a conversation, I always try to find a way to spin it toward books. And I usually succeed.
14. I've never listened to an audiobook a day in my life. (Excluding the ones they made us listen to in school)
15. I love Josh Hutcherson but I still can't see him as my Peeta.
Day 2: What's your bedtime reading ritual?
I absolutely CANNOT go to sleep without reading at least a paragraph of something so I read every single night. I don't have much a routine. After I get my pajamas on, teeth brushed and face washed, I lay down with whatever book I'm reading at the moment. If I have nothing to do the next morning, I read until the book is finished or until I'm about ready to pass out. But if I DO have something going on, I try to get at least 50 pages read.
Day 3: Who are your blogging BFFs?
I'm not one of those bloggers who has a TON of close friends that I talk with constantly (booooo - be my friend!) but I do have a couple that I love to pieces.
Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit is definitely one of them. I talk to her pretty much every single day. She's my book fairy and we send each other awesome presents and talk about food way too much. And when I need to bitch about someone or something, she listens and LOLs at all the right places.
And also Sara from The Hiding Spot. We don't get to talk as much as we used to and we don't get to see each other that much anymore but I still consider her one of my besties! When we go do bookish stuff together, I always have THE BEST TIME. Hoping I get to see her soon! (And Shanyn since she's moving back to the mitten next month! Yay!)
Day 4: What's the last book you flung across the room?
It was either Evermore by Alyson Noel or Blessed by Tonya Hurley. I know I threw Evermore because it was just so ... bad and all over the place but I can't actually remember if Blessed got the whip. I honestly didn't have a single clue of what was going on in that book. It was so confusing and the religion was too overwhelming for me. I started skimming, thinking "maybe it gets clearer, maybe it gets better." Nope.